Monday, February 04, 2008

2008 Draft Picks 1 - 7

The eMLB draft has begun and things are humming the Beach Bums war room. Our priorities shifted slightly away from SP due to the winter meeting trades. But we still needed talent at every position except for 3B. I was in the position of taking the best available player almost every round.

Round 1 - Magglio Ordonez - Although I had two OF's, Ordonez was too good to pass up. He is a lock for .310/25/110/100. I know have plenty of run production in the outfield with Ordonez, Beltran and Cuddyer.

Round 2 - Fausto Carmona - I had to get a top SP here. I was leaning towards Smoltz or Holliday, but some Indian fan swayed me on the younger Carmona. A repeat of last year's 19/3.08/137/1.21 looks to be in order.

Round 3 - Brett Myers - I was planning on going infield here but I had a feeling about Myers. He was wasted in the bullpen last year but put up great numbers in 05 and 06. I am looking for 15/3.90/200/1.27.

Round 4 - Khalil Greene - With the infielders going fast, I had to jump on the last decent SS left. Greene puts up good numbers (except for average). I predict .260/25/95/90/4.

Round 5 - Manny Corpas - My second year with the Rockies' closer. Corpas was great last year replacing Brien Fuentes and I expect at least 35 saves on a good Rockies team.

Round 6 - Ryan Garko - An up and coming talent. Hit 21 dingers last year and I expect more of the same.

Round 7 - Derek Lowe - A solid but unspectacular starter.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home