Monday, February 06, 2006

Round 5 Picks

Round 5 was my last with two picks. I really wanted a third baseman. My short list had Garrett Atkins, Ryan Zimmerman and Pedro Feliz on it. Atkins went in the middle of the last round and Feliz went two spots before me (by Sluggers, no less). I thought Zimmerman might be a stretch here due to his inexperience so I didn't bite. Desperate for an OF, I grabbed Mark Kotsay. Kotsay will put up stats if he can stay healthy. He hit .280/15/82/75 139 games last year. In the A's improved offense, I would expect a nice bump to .285/22/95/82 in 2006.
My second saw all my short listers go: Zimmerman, Jones, MacDougal, and Ray. I decided to gamble a bit on Chris Young. He has all kinds of potential going 12-7 with 137 K's in his first full season. In Petco Park, I would expect an improved ERA, WHIP and more K's but probably not many more wins.
These guys might both get 2 year contracts to open the season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home