Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Rounds 11 - 14 Picks

My original 11th round pick was wasted on Joe Kennedy in last year's supplemental draft. I gained one back in the trade with the former Yoopers. With said pick, I snatched up Mike Timlin, the setup man for the Red Sox. Timlin has been nails the last few years. He will get plenty of holds and might get the closer role if Foulke can't handle it.
In the 12th round I collected some depth with Rob Mackowiak. He qualifies at second, third and outfield. He has some decent offensive numbers but needs to get more at-bats.
I took a flyer on Brandon McCarthy in the 13th round. McCarthy would be starting for almost every other team in the majors but will have to wait for a job on the defending champs. Perhaps an early injury or trade will give him a starting gig.
For my latest pick, I gambled on Joey Devine, reliever for the Braves. Chris Reitsema has a shaky hold on the closer spot and Devine should be next line if he continues to blow opportunities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home